Friday, February 17, 2012

Juicing

SO...I've been keeping something from you all - I have been juicing. Not just in the traditional sense. I am eating nothing but fruit and vegetable juice and this is day 7. I've not had a major major problem with it so far. Its been difficult at times of course, but all in all its worth the amount of weight I think I've been losing. I am not yet sure of how much weight because of two complicating factors. My period and the fact that my scale is off. I weighed myself last at my friend's house and I've seen an 8lb loss so far since last Saturday. That only leaves me 10 more lbs to lose to be at where I started last.

I've been juicing carrots, pineapple, spinach, celery, cucumbers, pears, apples, strawberries. I've been drinking smoothies in the morning comprised of spinach, blueberries and strawberries or blackberries with almond milk and protein powder. I really don't know how many calories I am eating, but I am sure I am getting proper nutrition in.

This is extreme, but this disease is extreme and I will take any lengths to beat it. I want to stop taking metformin because my body will be able to process sugar. I want to have completely normal A1C numbers. This juicing thing is here to stay. Its not permanent by any stretch of the imagination but it will be a part of my regular diet - especially the green juices.

No comments: