Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Hair

In an effort to thicken my baby fine shiny healthy hair I permed it at home. While I dont regret the decision its a catch 22. My hair looks fuller and really holds curls well but it is fragile and it seems like I am losing more hair. The last time I lost so much hair was when I did not eat for three months in college. It was my sad and desperate attempt (the only thing that worked) to lose weight.

I am mulling over differing approaches to hair loss. Lumagen, a glaucoma medication causes extreme growth of the eyelashes with few side effects. I will research a bit more and decide between that and progaine or even something like spiro. Honestly its not a big deal, there are other bigger fish to fry, but I will not miss being able to finger comb my hair and having it dry in 3 minutes flat.

I guess its time to find a real stylist up for a challenge. My last haircut lasted all of ten minutes and it shows! I've never had a worse haircut! I miss my old stylist. I miss the gays (believe me no one was straight and I loved it!!) in the salon in Mexico that are so so so dependable!

No comments: