Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weightloss Blogs

I cannot look at other weightloss blogs. Its too depressing to see how much more other people can eat and still lose weight. Yesterday came in at about 1,100 calories and I haven't seen any weightloss since that one pound loss a while ago. I need to focus on what works for me. Its NOT inspiring to see people lose weight while they stuff their faces with sausage and cheese and cookies. Its NOT inspiring to see really skinny people blog about the brownies, cakes and cookies they make. I do not even have a sweet tooth. I am fed up with this thyroid problem. I am taking medication, so its supposed to be helping, but I am getting frustrated with the slow rate of my weightloss given all that I am putting into it. Perhaps I should not expect so much, but its frustrating to eat so little and yet lose so little. I will get older and that means my metabolism will even slow more -- I mean I can't live eating 900 calories a day, its just not possible. Does that mean that I will always be fat? I think I need an attitude adjustment. I need to just accept what is... I am going to talk to my doctor about this; I wonder if there is a medical intervention that would help? I know I do not eat enough protein, but I hate chicken and would prefer to eat good quality fish, which I cannot afford right now since I am about to be job-less. All that money has to go to my COBRA insurance to pay for my outrageously expensive medication. I know the atkins diet works, but has been really really unhealthy for me in the past. When I last tried it I vomited for days, got the sweats and was nauseaus all the time. My cognitive abilities also go. I need my brain as an attorney -- I have to use it everyday, I don't have a mindless job. I really need to think long and hard about atkins. Its my nemesis since I like carbs so much and they help me workout. I might try it because I haven't been losing at the rate I need to lose and I am at my wit's end. I am tempted not to eat. I have been hungry the past few days...all of these point to more and more extreme behaviors, which can't be good. I just cannot get over this anger... I mean I remember my trainer trying to put me on 800-900 calories. Perhaps its not a bad idea -- if nothing else is working then what the hell do I have to lose? My metabolism is slow as it is...I just do not want to do anything to make it go even slower! I think my exercise needs to go to two-a-days if I want to seriously lose weight. I already get up at 6am. I think I need to think about how important this is to me because it might be worth it to exercise twice a day. I just hate how much this takes over my entire life. It's always depressing and upsetting and there is nothing I can do about it. For me, losing weight is a full-time job. I am so jealous of those obese people and how they lose a million pounds. If I ever went to the biggest loser ranch I would be eliminated the first day. My body is just not made for losing weight. I mean I like eating healthy, that's no problem. Its the amount of food that is driving me crazy and its only going to get worse as I increase my exercise because I always get hungrier when I step up the exercise. I wish there were other people that were going through the same thing... having their doctors look at them quizzically -- asking are you doing enough? Me sitting there telling her I workout for an hour 4-5 times a week and eat 1200 calories. Then she sends me to a nutritionist that tells me I need to eat more protein. At the end of it I just want to scream and tell them that they have no fucking clue what its like to struggle like this. To be eating so well but yet be so f-ing fat.

No comments: