Thursday, April 14, 2011

Feeling Good

I am still feeling positive about this weight loss. Granted there are times I am disgusted with how I look, I am suprisingly positive. I am just so happy that I am losing weight at this rate. I really hope that the momentum continues. Only I have control over that, but my body does weird things when it gets down to a certain weight.

I went for another 5 mile "run" aka shuffle down the bike path. It was a pleasant beautiful day, but I have to remember to run before sundown so that the crazy lake bugs do not attack. I managed to evade most of them, but its gross to run into a giant swarm of bugs!

Today I am wearing gold cork 4 inch wedges from Dolce Vita for Target. Its my reward for losing weight. I dont understand how some people reward themselves with food when they lose weight -- it makes no sense to me. Once I have lost another pound (might be tomorrow since the scale is getting down there)I think I MIGHT indulge in some chicken tenders. I don't want to feel deprived. I don't really feel deprived this week because of all the DELICIOUS produce and fruit I got at Cost-Co. I won't be doing major carbs like I normally do -- I'll be getting chicken tenders or something. This low carb thing is really really panning out for me. Its not the typical low carb plan since I had bread before my run yesterday and acai juice afterwards, but its a "whole" grain low carb. I've really only eaten minimal bread and lots of fruit - I haven't had a ton of quinoa, oats or even sweet potatoes and I think that helps too. Those may be whole grains, but they are carby. I've not been eating a TON of fruit either except for a lot of berries, so my plan is really working for me.

I've done a bit of research and found out that low carb for apple shapes works best. They did a study where pear shapes and apple shapes went either on low carb or low fat. Both lost weight, but the apples kept the weight off best with the low carb plan - pears did ok with both plans. I am the poster child for apple shape -- no waist, no hips, smaller legs, fat arms and upper trunk. I am going for broke here. I've never felt so in control. Even when I lost weight the last time I was so desperate -- I was eating too many carbs -- lots of yogurt with artificial sweenteners. I was also running too much or conversely lifting too much and hence was ALWAYS starving. Still at that point I got down to 154. My new goal is 125. I want to be a size 4 or even a 2 if that works. I know to some people it might seem extreme, but I am an intense person with intense goals. I didnt get to be an attorney by settling for things.

Anyway, I have like one reader that comes back consistently -- it would be nice to get a comment.

No comments: