Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good Job!

Good Job! That's what a biker said to me as I was running on a bike/pedestrian trail. I do feel like its merited ;) I must have looked like I was struggling -- it is harder to run at this weight! I ran five miles and walked home from work. I had a really good day and guess what.....I lost a pound!! I now have a 2lb a week goal. I really really hope its realistic. This last week has been a lot easier given the dosage of medications I am on -- I am really positive and happy. I lost a lb even though I am on my period. This is big because whenver I've been on my period in the past meant that I gained 5lbs of water weight. Its so weird that it has not happened this time! I can never keep tabs on that -- it changes so much. I think I am down to normal in terms of testosterone according to my recent lab panels-- so perhaps that has something to do with it.

If I continue to lose weight at this rate I will reach goal in December! I KNOW this will not be the case since my body has plateaus, but most recently I've been able to power through them by simply eating less and exercising more. I also found out that the half marathon I wanted to run does not exist -- my friend told me there was a half marathon option and there is only a marathon option. I think I will train for it with her but I refuse to pay to run. Plus I have to raise like $300 for charity. The problem with that is 1) I hate asking people for money and 2) I work at a nonprofit where people are going to be laid off soon -- so thats a no-go. Either way I promised my friend I would do long runs with her. She runs a BIT faster than me, but she stops -- perhaps its good for me to push myself even though she stops. I can keep my own pace when I run on my own and build endurance and build speed when I run with her.

Lately I've been reading that exercise does not really help weightloss since people tend to eat more when they exercise. I think I have fallen prey to this in the past. I used to exercise like a crazy person -- at least 1.5 hours to 2 hours 5 days a week. I used to be SO hungry! I think I have more willpower with food now -- I sorta have to because I cant exercise that much! I've also been taking orlistat so that's been making my weightloss go even further. I don't eat much fat, but any little bit helps! I am going to ask my doctor to prescribe it to me so I dont have to keep paying for it! Anyway, I think this time around weightloss is about what I eat. I haven't really been eating snacks (unless its a pre-workout bar) and I only have been eating veggies and chicken or salads. I am happy eating what I am eating -- that was never the problem -- it was the time to exercise. Still, I hope I can keep this eating pattern strong. I've not cheated or even had a cheat day in like 3-4 weeks. I used to cheat once a week, but I find that I get sick when I eat foods like that. I prefer to eat one of my homemade cookies and keep the weightloss going. I still think that one cheat meal every couple of weeks is OK, but I have to wait until I actually "need" it. Right now I am going so so strong.

No comments: