Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Holding Strong

Yesterday I made coconut "breaded" chicken with broccoli in coconut oil and butter. I've noticed that a higher fat content not only keeps me more sated, but its BETTER for my weightloss -- weird! I've always done the whole low fat thing, but without thought to whether it was a good fat or not. From what I've been reading, coconut oil and butter aren't all that bad for you. I am learning more about my body as I research the whole hypothyroid and insulin resistance thing. My diet resembles at times atkins, but it isn't because I eat as much fruit as I want. I guess I've recently been limiting my carbs quite a bit -- though that is more due to my desire to incorporate more veggiges into my diet.

I also recently ordered a cinnamon supplement. There is a study out there that finds that a gram of cinnamon extract a day helps regulate blood sugar for women with PCOS. Today I brought a couple chicken coconut tenderloins with a strawberry spinach salad -- Im excited to eat it! I think that being more into "food" in terms of cooking only helps my weightloss. There are times when I am not inspired and am not creative in the kitchen and I end up eating cereal or yogurt -- not as healthy as some cooked veggies and a protein!

I've recently set goals not only for my weight loss-- which I am pretty soft on since I think its going to take a year to get to my goal weight. I am trying to revamp my entire lifestyle. I'd like to de-clutter my small apartment - keep it clean and re-decorate a bit. This all points to the fact that I have time! (boo law school) But also that I have the desire for self-improvement. I think I'd like to become a weightloss coach -- or weightloss chef at some point but perhaps only "on the side" to my real job. I've also thought about real estate as a possible way to earn some extra income in California when I move there. I have decided to move back home to my parents home if I get a job in CA so that I can save money for a down payment -- I'd like to re-hab a home and resell it after a few years and upgrade. Anyway-- that is what is on my mind lately.

No comments: