Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tired, tired, tired.

That has been my whole weekend - sleep and lying down. I think I have to readjust my medication to increase the dose. I've increased it today given my labs being on the cusp of normal, but still being low. Im hoping for results. I think the alli might be interfering with the absorption of my medications but since its been such a big help in getting my weight down I am not going to stop taking it. I also need to remember to take it at lunch time.

I've started thinking about my weightloss and I've been living in the future for so long. What I mean by that is I am living only what I will achieve instead of whats currently happening. I need to be better about appreciating what I have now instead of bemoaning my situation. I think more positive thoughts and goals are in order.

I am still at that one lb loss, but since I've been tired I haven't worked out, and thats truly due to medical things, so I am not upset abouut it. I am annoyed that my entire weekend was spent dozing, but instead of focusing on that I will focus on what I can control and my medication is one thing I can change even if the doctors will not change it. I know my other doctor will change my meds, so I need to make an appointment soon.

Goals for this week include a 2lb weightloss and workouts everyday, even if they are short. I also want to eat fewer carbs and I am taking steps to improve my protein intake. I have decided to give up bread and eat fruits as my carbs. Hopefully it will prove to be doable.

I ate some sugarfree chocolate last night and my stomach hated me. MAJOR intestinal problems leading to lots of time in the bathroom. TMI, but there you go. I've been reading tons of blogs that skinny girls have and it seems that they let themselves have treats (theirs are sweets) and they also eat super healthy and super small portions to be able to do this. I dont think that this would work for me because I like to eat more and I'd rather eat food vs. sweets. I think its all about making the choices that are right for you.

Another goal for the week is to incorporate more vegetables in my diet. I noticed I've been eating tons of fruit but only one or two veggies a day. This has to change! Today I've packed a veggie burger (with tons of veggies) that I made out of veggies, lentils and barley and some fruit. I also need to get more into salad. Because I ate salad everyday for about a year a few years ago, I got tired of them, but the reality is I love salads and I make a mean salad.

No comments: