Thursday, April 21, 2011

Twenty Pounds

Its now officially twenty pounds lost! I am back at the weight I've been for 3 years; granted its 10lbs over what I feel "better" at, I know that I can get down that far and beyond. I am eating super clean and I even exercised 1.5 hours on the elliptical yesterday. There is that fine balance between too much and just enough exercise, so I have to be careful about that.

I also tried on my trench and it fit! A little snug, but its always been a little snug. Its a size medium from Target, which are all really larges, so I count that as a large still. My clothes are starting to fit better and I dont have that huge uncontrollable muffin top all the time. Don't get me wrong, I still have a big muffin top, but its just not mammoth like it once was.

What is hard about this whole thing is that I still have 55 lbs to lose. It seems like such a small dent, but I think if I can stick to my 2lbs a week loss I can do it relatively quickly. That is if I can keep the momentum. My body does weird weird things when it gets down below 170 so I know I have to be patient, but its not been bad! I mean I constantly have to be vigilant, I don't really eat out much and I no longer drink wine. I have a full case just sitting there. It will have to wait until I am done with this because wine has a lot of calories that are empty and frankly the calories just aren't worth it. I've seldomly been drinking Bacardi and Diet Sprite or Diet Coke lately.

This next weekend is Easter and its going to be hard to resist the food that I will be exposed to. Its not so hard because I really do not like the food that my fiance's family likes, so it should not be bad. I am planning on bringing a big goat cheese, pepita, arugula and apple salad, so I simply plan on only eating that with 4 oz of turkey breast. I was thinking of baking something indulgent, but I will be tempted with my own food, so I think its smart to take healthy things like perhaps cut-up fruit for dessert/snacks/breakfast. I always have to make sure I bring my own food because my fiance's parents rarely have fruit or veggies- on hand that I can make a quick salad or whatever out of. They have things like lasagna and make things like french toast and strata for brunch. I make whole wheat pancakes and eggs/omlettes for brunch, which is much healthier. They have high metabolisms, so they can afford to eat like that since the men have physical jobs. I usually end up gaining weight when I go, but my new strategy to that has been hitting the grocery store and brining my own food...which is what I like anyway. I'd rather eat fruit and yogurt than almost anything else.

No comments: